Whatever you have Pasta



My friend gave me some fresh, home grown zucchini and tomatoes. I couldn't wait to use them!! This is one of my favorite go to lunches...mainly b/c I love it, it's healthy and easy to make for one, or many :) This recipe is what I used in this photo but you could use whatever veggies and pasta you have lying around. I am also not using measurements b/c you just add however much you want; I think the more veggies, the better. And the balsamic glaze would be enough for 2-3 servings.

Tri colored rotini pasta
olive oil
zuccini
tomatoes
salt
pepper
garlic powder
basil (I like to use the freeze dried if not fresh)
parmesan cheese
Glaze:
1/4 cup Demarle at Home Spiced Apple Pear Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 heaping tbsp brown sugar

Dice the veggies to bite size pieces, sprinkle w/ salt, pepper, garlic powder & basil. Then cook the pasta to al dente, the minimum time listed on box. While pasta is boiling, start the glaze. Put vinegar, water and sugar into a small saucepan. I would bring to a boil and boil, while stirring frequently, for about 3-5 minutes, then reduce heat to low and keep cooking/stirring until sauce thickens and reduces to about 1/3. While that is cooking, put veggies in frying pan heated w/ olive oil (1-2 tsp + Pam is what I use). Cook veggies for about 5 minutes til slightly crisp tender. Add more olive oil and spices if needed. Then add in cooked pasta, about 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese (any kind is fine). Mix well and pour into bowl. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over top and enjoy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Relleno Quiche...or any other kind of crustless quiche

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Instant Pot One Pot Pasta