Bruschetta Chicken

My kids even loved this recipe, so I'm picturing their plate here :)


1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 chicken breast halves, or 8 tenders
1/4 Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp melted butter
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes w/ garlic, drained
3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, minced (I like using the freeze dried kind, tastes just as good and you use the same amount as fresh)
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Place silpat on peforated baking sheet and set aside. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour then in eggs. Place on silpat. In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over chicken. Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in the mixing bowl. Spoon over cooked chicken. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or so until heated through. I served with Cheesy Rice Bake.
From Demarle's "Cooking Light every Night" cookbook

What I would change: I made exactly how posted above. However, if I were to make it again, I would use only egg whites, and then dip it in bread crumb mixture (more like how I make chicken parmesan). The flour didn't seem necessary to this recipe. This way listed was good but seemed a bit off to me. The tomatoes on top though was sooo good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Relleno Quiche...or any other kind of crustless quiche

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Instant Pot One Pot Pasta