Chili Relleno Quiche...or any other kind of crustless quiche

This is the most popular recipe, by far, from the food I make at my parties!
And, to my surprise, I have never posted it on here...so, figure I should now.

EASY EASY RECIPE!!!

This is the recipe for about a 2qt mold, like the flower mold, or if you're going to pour into a tray (muffin, square savarin, etc.). However, I use the Sunflower mold the most, so in parentheses I will put how much I use for the sunflower mold...if that makes any sense ;)
Ingredients:
8 eggs, beaten (10)

¾ cup sour cream (1 cup)

3 cups Monterey Jack & Cheddar shredded cheese mix (4 cups) - you can use whatever cheese you like best, even the Mexican blend would be good. I like the Jack/Cheddar combo best though
2 - 4 oz cans or 1 - 7 oz can of diced green chilies, undrained (a 4 oz AND a 7 oz can)

Tabasco Sauce, optional (I never use this at parties, but if you like spice, go for it!)

Whisk the eggs first, really well.



 Then, add your sour cream and whisk very well. It turns out best when there are no sour cream lumps.


Then add your cheese and diced green chilies and mix until everything is well blended.





 Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or even over night if you prefer. Heat your oven to about 400-425 (Note: if your oven gets really hot, or is convection, use a lower heat like 375). Place your tray or mold on your Perforated Baking Sheet, fill the tray about 1/2-2/3 full; for mold, just fill it.

For a tray (regular muffin or square savarin, cook for about 18-20 minutes, you want it to brown on top, so check until done). For a Mold cook about 35-40 minutes.

NOW...here's another wonderful thing about this recipe...the egg, sour cream and cheese combo is the best base for any crustless quiche. So, you can cut up meat, veggies, etc and add to that base. VOILA - you have an abundance of quiche recipes...whatever you like, throw it in and enjoy!!

This has diced ham and veggies, in the Flower Mold

Comments

  1. This sounds so yummy! But can it be made in a plain 9-inch square pan? I don't have a mold or savarin. The closest I have is a bundt cake pan (which I hardly ever use). If I use a 9-inch square, how long should I bake it? Thanks much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO Sorry! I just realized there was a comment on here; I guess I'm not notified of them. Yes, you can make this dish in anything! Obviously using Demarle means it won't stick; otherwise, you'll need to spray it with oil, etc. I would totally use the Bundt pan, that would work and look pretty, plus, it perforates it into individual slices for you. If you use a 9" pan, I'd go with the mold timeframe of about 35 minutes and check every 2 minutes if it's not done. Hope you've already figured these things out though ;)

      Delete
  2. I use the regular round that comes in the "basic package". I bake it for 35 minutes. You can also use fat free sour cream and non-fat cheese. Makes it a healthier and you can't tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Instant Pot One Pot Pasta