Sinful Bark (aka Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Toffee)

I wanted to try to make a bark, especially something salty &
caramel-y...here is what I came up with, and I think it could be gluttonous, hence the name ;)

Ingredients:
15 ounces of dark chocolate (I used 1 1/2 bags of Nestle Dark Chocolate Chips)
3/4 cups Heath Bar Bits (divided)
1/2 cup crushed pretzels
1 bag (11 oz) Caramel Bits (I've only found them at Target and they are amazing for baking; so much easier than unwrapping those hard caramels) or make your own caramel sauce instead
2 tbsp milk
Sea Salt
Directions:
1. Melt chocolate in the microwave on medium to low power, stirring frequently (about every 30 seconds) until completely melted and smooth.
2. Mix 1/2 cup of Heath bits and 1/2 cup pretzels into chocolate.
3. Pour on to your Demarle Flexipat or Silpat (if you do not have, use a cookie sheet lined w/ wax paper). It does not spread much, so just leave about an inch around the border if using cookie sheet or silpat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Melt caramel and milk in microwave at high power 2 minutes, stirring a couple times. Once caramel is fully melted and mixed well, spread on top of the chocolate.
5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Heath bits and Sea Salt 
6. I say freeze before cutting/breaking up into pieces. The caramel is very sticky if just refrigerated. (When I made it the first time, I only refrigerated it and the caramel stuck to my cutting board). So freeze for about 30-60 minutes, flip out onto cutting board, cut into pieces, then store in airtight container in refrigerator.
7. ENJOY!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Relleno Quiche...or any other kind of crustless quiche

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Instant Pot One Pot Pasta