Microwave Kettle Corn

I am a huge fan of kettle corn!! So I was ecstatic to find a microwave recipe and it is sooo good!! Eat it right away though, it tastes much better as it's warm.

3 tbsp water
1/3 cup sugar (raw if you have it but I used regular)
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 tsp salt

I use about 2 1/2 tbsp water and 1/4 cup sugar b/c that seemed like so much sugar and you will eat it all, so I'd suggest going the lesser amount, it seemed to work for me.

Pour water and sugar in the Large Round mold and swirl around until mixed together. Heat on high about 1 1/2-2 minutes. Add popcorn and swirl around to coat kernels. Place the Octagonal Silpat on top and cook for about 3 1/2 - 4 minutes more. Listen to the popping and stop when there's about 1-2 seconds between popping. You don't want to burn it. Remove carefull and sprinkle salt on it right away as your stirring w/ spatula to evenly coat. The sugar hardens pretty quickly so I stirred it as I was pouring it into a big bowl. Enjoy!!

UPDATE: Now my favorite way to make popcorn is to heat coconut oil and white sugar (same amount of each, I do a heaping spoonful) in the large round mold for 1 minute (uncovered). Then smoosh (it's a technical term) the sugar and oil together so it mixes well. Add in heaping 1/3 cup of popcorn kernals and swirl around to coat all the popcorn. Cover and heat the same as above; my popcorn setting works 99% of the time. Once it's done, sprinkle some salt on top, pour into a bowl and sprinkle with more salt. Enjoy!! This is my go to, with a glass of wine. It's not nearly as sweet as regular kettle corn but great flavor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chili Relleno Quiche...or any other kind of crustless quiche

Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Instant Pot One Pot Pasta