- 2 tbsp olive oil (or enough to coat the bottom of the IP; I added more when I added the chicken)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (we ommitted this to make it not spicy but added sauteed anaheim pepper as a garnish and it was yummy!!)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 lb chicken, cut into chunks; you could also use chicken thighs, shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken. I also seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder before putting it in the pot. The chicken definitely needs seasoning, so use whatever kind of seasoning you like - spicy would work great here!
- Enchilada sauce; recommended is: 1 12 oz jar red enchilada sauce (about 1.5 cups) and 1 12 oz jar/can green enchilada sauce (about 1.5 cups). I prefer Rosarita red sauce and used 1.5 of the small cans and 1 12 oz can of some mild green sauce. You could use whatever kind/style you prefer here though for sure!
- 1 14 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed (you could use any kind of beans though)
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (I used half though since I don't like cream cheese)
- Garnish ideas: sour cream, chopped green onion, chopped peppers (sauteed ahead of time makes them so much better), avocado, fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, crumbled tortilla chips or even fried tortilla strips.
1. Select the saute function of your instant pot. Coat the bottom of your pot with olive oil. Once hot, add onion and saute for 2-3 mins.
2. Add in diced chicken to brown/sear until most sides are browned. If you haven't seasoned the chicken, do so as you add it to the IP. If adding cooked chicken, I would add this last, with the beans.
3. Add in minced garlic, peppers if you are adding them, and corn. Saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Mix in both enchilada sauces, beans, and chicken broth. Give it a stir.
5. Secure the lid and select manual. Cook on high pressure for 8-10 minutes, depending on how uncooked your chicken is.
6. Allow to natural release for a few minutes, then quick release and remove the lid. Keep the instant pot on, add in cream cheese. Stir for another 3-4 minutes, or until the cream cheese melts. I actually put the lid back on and kept it on warm for about 10 minutes because the cream cheese wasn't melting all the way. It will leave some small bits, but that's ok.
7. Serve hot, and garnish with yummy goodness!!