Here's the simple, easy to follow, directions with photos to follow :)
You will need:
- 1 pouch of Sugar Cookie Mix (I used Betty Crocker, but Terri used Krusteaz)
- 1 egg (per package directions)
- 1 stick of room temp butter (per package directions)
- 1 - 2 tsp Almond Extract (depends on your liking, but Almond is very strong so I used only 1 tsp.) You could also substitute any extract to take on that flavor - Orange, Peppermint, Lemon...and then add a topping suitable for that flavor, crushed peppermints, maybe a lemon or orange glaze (add once they are baked of course) - orange or lemon juice mixed with powdered sugar until desired consistency...the possibilities are endless! If you try something, please post it as a comment. I'd love other ideas!
- Mix butter, egg and extract until well blended. Slowly add in the cookie dry mix.
- Place your favorite Demarle Tray on the Perforated Baking Sheet, or use the Silpat if you want just drop cookies. For the Almond cookies, I placed slivered almonds in the bottom of my Charlotte Tray and Butterfly Tray. Scoop cookie dough into each shape and press down slightly; or, drop cookie dough by tablespoon on silpat.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. This just really depends on how big the cookies are. I used my Medium Scooper in the Charlotte Tray and they baked for about 15 minutes. Bake til they are turning golden brown on the edge; the middle may seem still slightly gooey, but they'll keep cooking a bit and mine turned out just perfect going by that.
- Cool, unmold and serve, or store in airtight container...or, just leave in the tray until you are ready to serve since it will keep them moist.
These were for my daughter's school fundraiser - treats for a Cakewalk ;) So, I bought the display boxes from Michaels - don't they look like they're from a bakery??