So, here is the first way...Lemon cookies (inspired by BrowEyedBaker.com)
- 1 (18.25 oz) package lemon or yellow cake mix - I had yellow, so I went with that instead, just less lemony flavor. Also, just an fyi - Duncan Hines changed their packages to 15 oz now, so beware that may mess up your recipe. I used Pillsbury cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (the real stuff)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Place your silpat on your perforated baking sheet
- Pour cake mix into large bowl; mix in eggs, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour the sugar into a bowl
- Using a cookie scooper (I think this is easiest), drop spoonfuls of dough into bowl and roll into sugar until coated. I think it's a tad easier if you refrigerate the dough for a little bit, then roll the dough into a ball, then roll in sugar.
- Place on silpat and cook for 10 minutes, til edges are barely starting to brown on edge. But, seriously, 10 minutes was perfect!